free hit counter Trail Seeker

Saturday, April 21, 2007

 
I've moved back to blogger.com for hosting, I had it on a personal domain for a time but decided it would be better to separate them (don't ask), it may also help me to post a bit more often. We shall see, I hope so.

Spring is here! what that means is warmer rainy weather, but we have had some decent days mixed in and I have been getting out and gardening. The strawberry beds were cleaned and replanted, we may have a crop of berries this year now that the raised bed is completely filled with strawberries.

I have some gooseberries and current starts from plants in the garden, I hope to enlarge the berry productions. I also went up to Portland to a scion exchange and picked up some fig and kiwi cuttings to grow. I am not experienced in grafting so I didn't pick up cutting for fruit trees this year.

The onions are in and the garlic I planted last fall are doing well. I have four varieties now. I picked up a non-hybrid corn this year, I want to save heirloom seeds and hope this corn will be a good pick for that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?