Saturday, January 06, 2007
The holidays were spent in Ohio and Illinois with family this past season. Eating seemed to be the main event everyday, no one should have gone home hungry and if so, it would have to be there own fault. The kids got to spend plenty of time with cousins and friends and I believe everyone had a nice time. Evenings were spent playing games, some new titles showed up along with ones we have played in the past. Apples to Apples was one of the new games that popular and Blockkus was another.
We came home to a cold house, but the wood stove soon took care of that. The weather has been on the cold and damp side. The snow can be seen on the surrounding hills and Thursday we had rain mixed with snow. The forecast calls for lots of rain.
Before leaving to visit my in-laws, I had been watching a news story about three lost climbers on Mt Hood, One climber was recovered (deceased), the other two remain on the mountain somewhere. The search efforts were heroic, and brought back memories of my time with the Corvallis Mountain Search and Rescue unit (CMRU), who by the way was one of the groups on Mt Hood last month searching.
I went and visited the CMRU web site recently, reread the memorial to Mardi Keltner who was a top notch member of the team and I enjoyed rereading the mission articles that I had been on.
We came home to a cold house, but the wood stove soon took care of that. The weather has been on the cold and damp side. The snow can be seen on the surrounding hills and Thursday we had rain mixed with snow. The forecast calls for lots of rain.
Before leaving to visit my in-laws, I had been watching a news story about three lost climbers on Mt Hood, One climber was recovered (deceased), the other two remain on the mountain somewhere. The search efforts were heroic, and brought back memories of my time with the Corvallis Mountain Search and Rescue unit (CMRU), who by the way was one of the groups on Mt Hood last month searching.
I went and visited the CMRU web site recently, reread the memorial to Mardi Keltner who was a top notch member of the team and I enjoyed rereading the mission articles that I had been on.