free hit counter Trail Seeker

Saturday, October 14, 2006

 
Last night my wife was recognized for 20 years of service at her place of employment. Annually the hospital has a recognition dinner to recognize 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. years of employment. Kate's boss learned this about her, she was working on a bachelors in West Virginia and that I bought her a round trip ticket to come here to visit. She never used the return a ticket and she has still has it. I laughed to myself thinking maybe she kept that ticket just in case she still may needed it! She finished school out here and went from a CNA to an RN.

In 1986 we were married and a couple of months ago we passed our 20 year mark together. The first summer of our life together we spent it working in Yellowstone, what an opportunity to see the park through out the summer. Kate was able to take a leave of absence that summer from her hospital employment and work in Yellowstone. I quit as a cashier at a grocery store and when I got back i started working at a bank as a proof operator.

The evidence of 20 married years not only is marked by my children as they go from grade to grade in school, but by how people I knew as a youth looked today. Last night I saw my doctor of my youth, he was our doctor until he moved into administration which was sometime after our oldest was born. He recognized me and came over for a visit at the dinner last night, it has been a long time since I really seen him last and his age shows it.

I just got a hair cut yesterday and every-time that happens I swear the barber is at fault for the growing amount of grey hair I have. When talking to the doctor last night, kids were brought up and I told him my theory for grey hair, it comes from teaching your kids to drive! My oldest now has her license and my younger daughter reminds me that she can start driving in December!

I would like to honor my wife for twenty wonderful years of marriage and I look forward to the next twenty. She is my best friend, I couldn't have asked for more.

TS

Comments:
Great post, TS. What a wonderful story about the round trip ticket! It would be my guess that they wouldn't let her use it now, so you're probably safe.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?