free hit counter Trail Seeker

Thursday, June 01, 2006

 
Holy cow!! I got a certificate from the IARU today that I was first place in my radio operating class for the Zone 6, Oregon section in the IARU HF world championship radio contest. I pulled out my recent issues of QST magazine and found my call sign listed there, I didn't even bother to look then as I surely didn't expect anything. I submitted my logs because I was encouraged to by a couple of buddies and it is easy to do online now.

Field day is coming up the end of June and I plan to either set up a solar powered station or go with a local group up to the Santiam Pass. I am very tempted to do the latter and I can still bring a station and run it on alternate/solar power, now that I think of it, there is no power where they are going anyways, but they do bring along generators.

_______________
Get even with a bear who raided your food bag by kicking
his favorite stump apart and eating all the ants.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?