free hit counter Trail Seeker

Monday, May 15, 2006

 
Last winter was nice for the most part then just as spring was approaching the rains came in and did what it could do to make up for the lack of it during winter. It was the latest I was ever able to get a garden in. This year it is the opposite, wet winter and now it is drying off early. Today it was 91 F with a bit of mid east humidity to boot, I did take the time and planted corn in the garden, over 200 plants. I have had such bad luck the past few years with corn germination that I switched to starting the corn in the green house then putting them out as soon as the ground is worked up. The other nice thing is that I get corn to eat earlier and it will be at least knee high by the fourth of July, something I can't get by waiting for the ground to warm. I started another 200 plus plants in the green house to day and will move them out soon after they come up.

Cauliflower and broccoli are in and the volunteer lettuce in the raised beds are ready and being turned into salads. I started a different past tomato this year instead of Roma's and the plants look good, I'll let them sit in the green house a bit longer before setting them out. I need to get the pole been planted next, I just hope someone put that marauding deer in their freezer last fall.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?