free hit counter Trail Seeker

Sunday, May 21, 2006

 
I am no small engine mechanic, and it shows. I have a 8 HP engine that leaks gas out the carburator, it seems to leak when I pull the rope. I rebuilt the carb, thats not hard to do, but the thing still leaked. I pulled the head off and checked the valves, they were okay, but I did adjust the intake valve (to much) and I went back through the carb several more times, checking things such as if there was warpage in the carb, but it still leaks. I messed with the fuel jet, it is possible that it doesn't seat properly and I tried to address it, but that hasn't worked, I may look at that part again. mean while I got a new intake valve to replace the one I shortened. I'll keep at it till I get it running again, the engine has not been used much so it isn't worn out so it is worth fixing....I think.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?