Wednesday, April 12, 2006
It has been a nice weather day, partly cloudy and in the upper 50's, short sleeve weather. We pulled out the dutch oven and put in a whole chicken with potatoes, makes for a good dinner. Whole carrots would have been good if we had some to throw in. I fired up the hot tub too and we will be taking a hot soak this evening, it is so relaxing.
I steeped up some tea for my wife, she used to drink iced tea allot before we married but gave it up for reasons, now those reasons are gone and she is back enjoying it once again. While at her parents she had easy access to tea, and took advantage of it. The only concerns I have is the teeth staining it can do and the sugar. She is trying splenda instead of the sugar but I am curious if there are problems with it's use, time for a google I guess.
Yesterday we did our 6 mile loop up into the hills behind our place, the clear cutting that is going on around here is something else. These are private lands that are managed by a company in town. I would love to get permission to cut firewood after the loggers went through. I hear it is not easy to get permission, they don't want any liability. They do open the gates during hunting season for the most part and that is nice although my rifle has collected some dust in the past couple years. I can't blame them for putting up gates though, there are a lot of knuckle heads that will dump there trash off the hillsides given a chance. Sofas and tires don't break down very fast. Once I was picking up some trash and was given a hard time (jokingly) that I was the one dumping! When you have trash in the pick up and trash on the side of the road, it looks like you could very well be dumping as much as collecting.
I steeped up some tea for my wife, she used to drink iced tea allot before we married but gave it up for reasons, now those reasons are gone and she is back enjoying it once again. While at her parents she had easy access to tea, and took advantage of it. The only concerns I have is the teeth staining it can do and the sugar. She is trying splenda instead of the sugar but I am curious if there are problems with it's use, time for a google I guess.
Yesterday we did our 6 mile loop up into the hills behind our place, the clear cutting that is going on around here is something else. These are private lands that are managed by a company in town. I would love to get permission to cut firewood after the loggers went through. I hear it is not easy to get permission, they don't want any liability. They do open the gates during hunting season for the most part and that is nice although my rifle has collected some dust in the past couple years. I can't blame them for putting up gates though, there are a lot of knuckle heads that will dump there trash off the hillsides given a chance. Sofas and tires don't break down very fast. Once I was picking up some trash and was given a hard time (jokingly) that I was the one dumping! When you have trash in the pick up and trash on the side of the road, it looks like you could very well be dumping as much as collecting.