Sunday, March 12, 2006
We had snow on Thursday and Friday, amazing for March. The higher elevations around town must have gotten more snow because we didn't have enough here to justify closing school for those two days. My oldest was disappointed they canceled school, she would rather go to school so she can get some socializing in. It makes for a long weekend.
I think my wife will be home in a weeks time, she has worked hard and lost a lot of sleep taking care of here mother but her work is nearly done. Her dad, brother and sisters stand back and let her do all the care, my wife says she's gotten a little possessive of it anyways. She has been able to spend a lot of time with her mom talking, her mom has been coherent the whole time. I think when my wife gets home, she will feel like she was in some kind of dream.
Her sister's husband was getting annoyed that his wife was spending so much time away from home because of this family crisis, she said think of Trail Seeker, he doesn't get to see his wife at all. That seemed to put a little more perspective on things for him. There was a time that I would likely feel a bit of resentment at the extended absence of my wife, but now I can patiently wait for her. The kids have been a big help around here helping keep things caught up, and they help keep the house full of life which is very important.
I am most concerned for my wife's dad, the house is going to be very quiet, I am sure it can take a toll on him and be hard to adjust to. He doesn't want to be alone and would prefer it be him in that bed rather than her. At this point he feels everyday she is here is a bonus unfortunately the rope is coming to an end. I think I will end this story here.
I think my wife will be home in a weeks time, she has worked hard and lost a lot of sleep taking care of here mother but her work is nearly done. Her dad, brother and sisters stand back and let her do all the care, my wife says she's gotten a little possessive of it anyways. She has been able to spend a lot of time with her mom talking, her mom has been coherent the whole time. I think when my wife gets home, she will feel like she was in some kind of dream.
Her sister's husband was getting annoyed that his wife was spending so much time away from home because of this family crisis, she said think of Trail Seeker, he doesn't get to see his wife at all. That seemed to put a little more perspective on things for him. There was a time that I would likely feel a bit of resentment at the extended absence of my wife, but now I can patiently wait for her. The kids have been a big help around here helping keep things caught up, and they help keep the house full of life which is very important.
I am most concerned for my wife's dad, the house is going to be very quiet, I am sure it can take a toll on him and be hard to adjust to. He doesn't want to be alone and would prefer it be him in that bed rather than her. At this point he feels everyday she is here is a bonus unfortunately the rope is coming to an end. I think I will end this story here.
Comments:
<< Home
It is really good that your wife is there. As I said before, she will never have cause to regret this.
My mom is still in the hospital, and probably will be for another two weeks at least, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it, so even though I feel like I should be there, I'm staying put for now. Dad says that he will need me when she starts physical therapy and stuff, to encourage her.
Post a Comment
My mom is still in the hospital, and probably will be for another two weeks at least, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it, so even though I feel like I should be there, I'm staying put for now. Dad says that he will need me when she starts physical therapy and stuff, to encourage her.
<< Home
