Thursday, January 26, 2006
My old cat is getting back to normal, when he started to calm down I noticed he had a large abscess, the next day it drained. I bought a live animal trap and with in 24 hours I had the stray barn cat, took it for a little ride and released it. If my cat wasn't so anti social and neurotic I would have been happy to let the feral cat be.
The hot tub is up and running, the tub is about as ideal as it could be in absence of a cedar tub. Yesterday I saw a heavy vinyl shower curtain and asked my wife if this could be turned into a cover, she thought is was a good idea and today we have a really nice fitting cover. The stove works like a charm, it reminded me of the times we went to hot springs, the primitive one hots springs that is. One winter in our college days we went hot spring hopping, it is bare country and you have to watch out for bares, they seem pretty common around those springs.
The thermosyphon really works! and since there is no pump it is quiet and the hot water gently flows into the tub, much like hot springs do. To keep the water longer I am looking into non-chemical water treatment such as ozone or ionic, it would also necessitate a pump and filter, even if it was a small one. It would be nice if I could find these things in 12 volts and run them off solar panels, on second thought, this time of year doesn't provide much in the way of light. We had such a string of dark cloudy, rainy days that the solar electric fencer had to be pulled and the battery charged.

The hot tub is up and running, the tub is about as ideal as it could be in absence of a cedar tub. Yesterday I saw a heavy vinyl shower curtain and asked my wife if this could be turned into a cover, she thought is was a good idea and today we have a really nice fitting cover. The stove works like a charm, it reminded me of the times we went to hot springs, the primitive one hots springs that is. One winter in our college days we went hot spring hopping, it is bare country and you have to watch out for bares, they seem pretty common around those springs.
The thermosyphon really works! and since there is no pump it is quiet and the hot water gently flows into the tub, much like hot springs do. To keep the water longer I am looking into non-chemical water treatment such as ozone or ionic, it would also necessitate a pump and filter, even if it was a small one. It would be nice if I could find these things in 12 volts and run them off solar panels, on second thought, this time of year doesn't provide much in the way of light. We had such a string of dark cloudy, rainy days that the solar electric fencer had to be pulled and the battery charged.
