free hit counter Trail Seeker

Sunday, January 01, 2006

 
The cedar hot tub idea I mentioned before is partially on hold, The cost just added up to be to much for now. We did put in a order for a chofu stove and will get a 180 gallon tub. Marry them together, add wood, water and a match and we will be soaking in our interim hot tub.

I can't seem to find plans for building a 5 foot wood tub so far, but I did find a source for the hoops. The idea would be to build our own wood tub. Sounds a bit ambitious of a project to tackle, but I have been tossing the idea around.

My friend from AZ stopped by to visit this past week, he is the fellow who had a heart attack the morning after he stopped by here last year. He is looking good and gun-ho on building a new home. He showed me the plans, yikes, his wife likes space. The house is huge space wise. The one bedroom is 27 feet long.

I gave him a 128 meg memory card some time ago and he brought it with him and told me that it won't work. I was surprised, I checked it out before giving it to him. We took the card and tried it our on a Mac and PC system here and they had no problems with it, then I reformatted the card, still the camera kept saying "no memory card". When I get in such a situation, I am off to the manufacturers web site to see if there is some news of such things. Sure enough, his camera didn't like 128 meg memory card. A firmware flash later and he was excited about all the pictures the thing would hold.

It is the start of a new year, time just won't slow down. It's like some thing is in a hurry to make me old. It seemed like yesterday every one was panicking about Y2K problems, boy did that become a non-event. I actually was participating on a emergency service net that night just in case. I was disappointed nothing news worthy happened after one of my buddies told me about all the problems we can expect. I wasn't to concernedabout Y2K, but I used the oppertunity to be a little more prepared for the future, it was been useful in that respect.

2006 will mark my oldest baby girl into the senior class at high school. I sometimes don't know where the time went, she didn't wait around for me, thats for sure. I have always been excited to see what she does once she is off to college, but now I will find it hard to see her go.

Comments:
Welcome back. DH is doing a construction project before school starts. Sounds like you have your hand in some interesting things, again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?