Tuesday, September 27, 2005
What is it with flies, they're around all summer but hardly worth noting, then BAM they are hundreds of them every where. It seems they are looking for cubby holes to camp out the on coming winter. I have to ask myself where did they all come from? My only guess is that they were there all along and out playing in the crap piles of the cows and horses and now they have come in to camp, but I can't go out to the shop with a constant buzzing and dive bombing from those little fellows.
Last year I had an old time glass yellow jacket trap sitting on the patio, I had caught a few and some flies, but as they broke down the smell was attractive to the flies and more would find there way in. It was a vicious cycle, as more got trapped, the more it smelled and the more attractive it became till the thing was jam packed with thousands, and thousands of flies. As you can imagine, I am trying to reproduce last years fly catching enviroment right now.
Last year I had an old time glass yellow jacket trap sitting on the patio, I had caught a few and some flies, but as they broke down the smell was attractive to the flies and more would find there way in. It was a vicious cycle, as more got trapped, the more it smelled and the more attractive it became till the thing was jam packed with thousands, and thousands of flies. As you can imagine, I am trying to reproduce last years fly catching enviroment right now.
Comments:
<< Home
Ah, the joys of summer. In Scotland, we don't have much of a problem with flies (except near water), but midges are a different story. :(
Q: Why did God put flies down on the earth?
A: He didn't want them up with him.
Which brings up the interesting theological point that animals are innocent and so can be expected to either all go to heaven, or be spread evenly between the kingdoms. Given the rate at which flies live and die, the celestial kingdom probably has a trillion resurrected flies for every resurrected human. OF course, they probably wouldn't bite you - the lion would lie down with the lamb, and those trillion flies would probably just land on you, wanting to be your friend. One more reason for not wanting Mormon heaven.
Post a Comment
Q: Why did God put flies down on the earth?
A: He didn't want them up with him.
Which brings up the interesting theological point that animals are innocent and so can be expected to either all go to heaven, or be spread evenly between the kingdoms. Given the rate at which flies live and die, the celestial kingdom probably has a trillion resurrected flies for every resurrected human. OF course, they probably wouldn't bite you - the lion would lie down with the lamb, and those trillion flies would probably just land on you, wanting to be your friend. One more reason for not wanting Mormon heaven.
<< Home
