Monday, February 21, 2005
Trail Log, Sunday Feb 20, 2005
I have been busy through the weekend and today, I am tired enough not to want to spend much time online either, so I won't. I will update this page and go rest a bit. I only have three more Mondays in my master gardening class and I am done, then the work really begins. Todays class was something new for me, I learned about a dozen orders of creepy crawly things. I would say bugs, but there is one one order of true bugs, the order: Hemiptera. We have a take home exam, and it alone will be a job to complete too.
On to the trail log. Yesterdays destination was Shevlin Park trail in central Oregon, I thought we might have a little snow to pass through over the mountains, but once on the other side, we would see dry ground that I used to in the central part of the state, but it never went away.
Trail conditions: Overcast, 25F, light snow showers with no winds. Trail length 4.7 miles. This was a family outing and we made a stop in a small tourist town at a clothes store (teenage girls and clothes) and lunch. It was chilly, but we managed to bring warm enough clothes, considering it got to at least the high 40's on our side of the mountain and not expecting snow.
On the way home the ladies dared stopping for ice cream, there is my dear wife sitting in the ice cream store shivering, but enjoying the ice cream all the same.





On to the trail log. Yesterdays destination was Shevlin Park trail in central Oregon, I thought we might have a little snow to pass through over the mountains, but once on the other side, we would see dry ground that I used to in the central part of the state, but it never went away.
Trail conditions: Overcast, 25F, light snow showers with no winds. Trail length 4.7 miles. This was a family outing and we made a stop in a small tourist town at a clothes store (teenage girls and clothes) and lunch. It was chilly, but we managed to bring warm enough clothes, considering it got to at least the high 40's on our side of the mountain and not expecting snow.
On the way home the ladies dared stopping for ice cream, there is my dear wife sitting in the ice cream store shivering, but enjoying the ice cream all the same.




