free hit counter Trail Seeker: Meet Gordy

Saturday, November 06, 2004

 

Meet Gordy



We had a nice sunny day, although we woke to a good frost, it made it to the 50's in some areas. We made a family out of hiking 7 miles to Gordon meadows and here is our new friend dubbed Gordy the frog. At one lake we passed, had 3/4 inch of ice on it while just a 1/4 mile away another lake had absolutely none, due to one being in the sun the other not. In the shaded areas we could still find some snow left over from recent snow storms.

The girls made a snow man in some of the snow, on our way back, my youngest and I noticed someone had knocked it over and smashed the head (and here we thought we had these woods to ourselves today), I heard a noise across the meadow and saw a young couple with there parents and they were sporting 2 very young kids in kidpacks, so I am sure one of the so-called adults knocked over the girls snowman. When my oldest caught up, she wanted to blame her little sister, but i motioned her to be quiet and pointed a finger across the meadow. They saw us, so I hope they felt like idiots for smashing a couple of girls snowman. When we got back to the parking area, my wife noticed some trash in a fire ring that she was sure wasn't there before, we were sure those inconsiderate folks dumped it there. We actually got back when they did and I made it obvious I had found there trash and picked it up and threw in the back of the truck for disposal. Oh well.

We had gone up to this place in May, but could not get to the lakes due to much snow, so my Wife has wanted to go back and see the lakes, we also saw, what looked like bear tracks. Last time we saw mountain lion tracks.

We were grateful for this November sunny day to enjoy our adventure, despite the minor distraction above, it was a pleasant trip. I am now off to plan another, take care everyone.

Added 11/07/04
Yep, Gordy the frog is a tiny frog



Comments:
So, is Gordy a tiny frog? Hard to tell.

Really, it sounds like a wonderful day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?