free hit counter Trail Seeker: Pacific Northwest Weather

Friday, October 22, 2004

 

Pacific Northwest Weather

Were I live, we get plenty of rain and even more cloudy days. I have heard that on this side of the mountains, we get around 300 cloudy days and 60 sunny days, while on the other side, they get the inverse. I am surely not in a position to argue this at this seems to be the case, I just never counted them myself. As a kid, I would love the chilly foggy days, it lended a sense of privacy I then enjoyed. As I get more mature, I find I am getting suseptable to the depression that people get when the sun stays hidden for weeks on end. As I look out the window now, it is one of those days, a dark gloomy day, the clouds seems to hang low like a blanket. Some years ago many of the fellows I hung out with that were into muzzleloading, made an exodus out of the area, either to the other side of the mountains or down south were the conditions were dryer. This damp cold WX can make things seem colder than if it were sub freezing.

I wonder how this winter will play out, long range projections call for a stormy winter and alot of winds, not looking forward to that.

Comments:
I'm way down south, and it's been HOT here. We've had rain, but the clouds always blow over and then the sun comes out.

I used to live in Central Ohio, and it was always cloudy there, too. My depression was especially severe during a two year period when I worked in a basement. I never saw the freaking sun.

I loved West Texas. Something like 300 sunny days a year. DH and I always used to complain when we went outside, "Oh, look...another beautiful sunny day."
 
My BIL went to school in columbus, the other "OSU". He works at UVM now in Vermont, studies the genetics and mating of Schizophyllum commune. My In-laws live in Northern Ohio, and we are heading out there for Christmas this year.
 
Columbus is Home. Grey skies and clouds and crappy Februaries notwithstanding...it's home.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?