Friday, October 08, 2004
New blogger on the block
My first post as a blogger. I am trying to type with a kitten in my lap attacking my arms and chewing on my shirt. The reason for the name of my blog is that I like to walk the backcountry and it was a childhood thing with me. After starting a family, I found it hard to do and let it go, but when my kids reached thier teenage years, one of them asked me to take them out backpacking and off we went. It was a slow start, but this past summer my boots and I put in well over a hundred miles of trail. I feel like I did when I was a kid again. My backpaking dreams of my youth have been ressurected and the joy I got from it this past year was immense. It is like a religion, in some ways better.