Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Entrophy
Don't you just love entrophy? Could you imagine a world with out it? Instead of your car getting dirtier or more worn out, it would get cleaner and be in better shape the longer you had it. Truth is I dislike entrophy, life is a battle against it. Good thing for us the Sun is so huge that by the time entropy turns it into a useless ball of mass, we will long gone. With out the Sun's continual energy, life would fizzle out.
Entropy is good for business though, could imagine if nothing wore out, the can opener would last forever, and maybe we would too. Which leads to the thought that maybe Heaven is a life with out entropy, how else could we live forever. What would happen if we accelerated ourselves to some supersonic speed and crashed into a more solid object than ourselves while in heaven? There is so many questions one would ask about heaven, but if heaven is like I read, I think I may be in for a state of hell as I can't imagine playing a harp for an eternity.
Of course, heaven is just a mental abstract of the mind as no one has come back from there to tell us about it, so I suggest you make it the best your imagination can, it has to be better than what alot of religions say and for me, if I still believed as a Mormon, I would have untold numbers of wives and be populating planets, getting angry with untold number of disobedient children and punishing them by drowning them, burning them, giving them diseases and the list goes on if we follow the example we have from the Bible. I think the kids that like to set cats on fire and watch them run would make good candidates for God, they would get enough pleasure in punishing disobedient people they created that they could do it. I tend to think that bad things just happen and I don't know if it is right to give a God or a Devil the credit for any of trouble we have to deal with in this life.
Entropy is good for business though, could imagine if nothing wore out, the can opener would last forever, and maybe we would too. Which leads to the thought that maybe Heaven is a life with out entropy, how else could we live forever. What would happen if we accelerated ourselves to some supersonic speed and crashed into a more solid object than ourselves while in heaven? There is so many questions one would ask about heaven, but if heaven is like I read, I think I may be in for a state of hell as I can't imagine playing a harp for an eternity.
Of course, heaven is just a mental abstract of the mind as no one has come back from there to tell us about it, so I suggest you make it the best your imagination can, it has to be better than what alot of religions say and for me, if I still believed as a Mormon, I would have untold numbers of wives and be populating planets, getting angry with untold number of disobedient children and punishing them by drowning them, burning them, giving them diseases and the list goes on if we follow the example we have from the Bible. I think the kids that like to set cats on fire and watch them run would make good candidates for God, they would get enough pleasure in punishing disobedient people they created that they could do it. I tend to think that bad things just happen and I don't know if it is right to give a God or a Devil the credit for any of trouble we have to deal with in this life.
Comments:
<< Home
Hey, thanks for inviting ME to your blog! Humph. Most interesting post. The way I see it, if there is a God and heaven, we'll know all about how it works when we're dead. And if there's not, we won't, 'cause we'll be dead. I like to picture eternal life as being another sphere of existence totally unlike this one. Kind of like in the movie "Defending Your Life," where if you overcome fear here, you get to move on to the next level, with no description whatsoever of what that is.
Post a Comment
<< Home
